Friday, March 6, 2009

Sweet Carrots

I like to keep things simple. I've grown up in the city and never quite escaped from there. I often dream of living a slower country life. Sitting on the porch sipping lemonade and eating simple dishes. In reality, this is probably not what country life is really like. Then again how would I know?

Sweet Carrots*
(Serves 1)
-1/2 cup cooked carrots coins (I use canned)
-1 teaspoon sweetener of choice (I use pure maple syrup,but that can be quite pricey. It's one of my few splurges)
- pinch of salt and pepper
-pinch of dried Italian seasonings

Throw ingredients together in a bowl. Stir and heat either in a microwave or on the stove top.
Serve warm as a side dish or put over 3/4 cup brown rice to make it a meal.

The Verdict:
The maple flavour wasn't as prominent as I would have liked. Next time I will add some more. This was pretty good, though!


*Inspired by this recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment