Thursday, June 10, 2021

Vegan struggle meals

 I think I'm going to start updating this blog regularly again. I'm still recovering financially from the pandemic and will be for a long time. My grocery budget is tighter than a 30 year old rusty screw. Today's meal isn't that bad. I found gardein chicken with teriyaki sauce on clearance for $2. Could I have spent my $2 better on something else? Sure. But sometimes when you're poor you just can't choke down anymore rice and beans. So I threw the vegan "chicken" in with some veggies, poured the teriyaki sauce, threw some sesame seeds I already had in the cupboard and sprinkled some chopped chives that I grow in my windowsill. Yes, I ate it for breakfast. Lunch is a pbj sandwich and dinner is spaghetti and marinara with the rest of the steamed veggies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment